BAKED CORN & SPINACH
500gm spinach – shred the leaves only
200ml (1 cup) cream,
1/2 cup grated cheese
½ cup fresh corn
200gm cottage cheese – cut into small cubes
1tbsp oil or butter, 1 tbsp Maida (plain flour), 1cups milk, 25gms cheese
1. To prepare the white sauce, heat butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add maida and stir fry for a minute. Add milk, stirring continuously. Cook, stirring till thick. Remove from fire. Add cheese to the white sauce.
2. For spinach melt butter in a saucepan. Add spinach. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes on low heat until dry and tender. Stir occasionally.
3. Keeping the heat low, stir in cream, half of the cheese. Add salt &pepper.Boil.Simmer for 1 minute.
4. Add corn and cottage cheese.mix gently. Check salt.
5. Cool. Mix this spinach mixture in white sauce.
6. Grease an ovenproof dish. Put all of this, sprinkle the leftover cheese.
7. Bake at 200c for 10 minutes or till golden brown. Serve hot.